Our sunflower garden looks amazing. So, consider picking a dozen to brighten someone's day (including your own): only $5.
Late-season varieties available for picking: Eberhardt, Dixi, Rubel, Stanley, and Jersey (front field, rows 2, 3, 6, 8, and 9). Back field has Dixi, Rubel, and Jersey (5 rows of berries).
When picking in the later season, we recommend:
- Walking around the bush; berries may be on the other side.
- Pushing branches up and down, side to side, to see if any berries are hidden in the middle.
- Picking a number of berries with your hand (and holding them) until you have a handful, then dropping them into the box.
- Dropping soft berries as you pick them onto the ground.
- Using two hands, with one hand holding aside branches and picking with the other. (This means putting the box on the ground.)
If you are missing some red shoes, blue buckets, or other small items (see photo), they are safe in our shed and available for you retrieve when we are open.